The Deluxe Artist Edition of The Century’s Best Horror Fiction will be shipping next week. This sold out special edition was limited to just 25 signed copies that are individually lettered and numbered AE-1, AE-2, etc.
This special hand-bound, custom-made set features:
* Cromwell Black Aristo Grain leather binding on spine
* Asahi Japanese Bookcloth, Black Mohair, for front and back cover binding
* French Marbled endsheets, a different sheet for each volume
* pages edged with hand-dipped silver gilding
* covers hot-stamped with Silver Matte hot foils
* Smyth sewn binding with cotton thread, cotton hinge cloth, sewn headbands, and black silk ribbon page marker
* each volume has an exclusive Glenn Chadbourne color frontispiece that has not appeared in any other edition
* The books are housed in a custom-made wooden slipcase made by the extremely talented Dick Olsen of Bookslipcase.com. Each slipcase features a hinged door and engraved plate and there are magnetic closures embedded in the wood and a silver hook latch. The wood is poplar with a walnut stain and gloss polyurethane finish. Each door is embossed with one of three different pieces of artwork. In addition, although the interior of the cases has been sized to the exact dimensions of the books, these boxes were made by hand and each box features slightly different sizing for the door and outside dimensions, plus unique wood grain and colorations based on the piece of wood selected.
* Each set includes a one-of-a-kind original color acrylic and ink painting by Glenn Chadbourne, created exclusively for this edition, that has been matted and framed. Each painting was inspired by a different story from the anthology. (A few samples are shown below.)