Lost and Lonely
“Brian James Freeman, a writer with heart as well as consummate ability, takes us on fascinating and often disturbing journeys from intriguing beginnings to conclusions that are shocking, horrific, or deeply poignant.”
— From the introduction by bestselling author Simon Clark
This new collection by Brian James Freeman features characters who are haunted by horrors they think are out of their control, but perhaps the source of their greatest terrors is closer to home than they ever feared possible.
• In “Losing Everything Defines You,” a bestselling author’s family mysteriously vanished three months ago, yet if they’re really missing, why is he hearing footsteps in the hallway outside his bedroom door every night?
• Patty knows that everyone makes mistakes in life and when it comes to “Loving Roger,” she wants to fix the errors of her ways and make everything right again.
• William Carver and his family fled the colonies to escape a monster stalking their community, but the western plains might not be the safe haven they had hoped for once they hear “How the Wind Lies.”
• When Melissa was a little girl, her father told her that all children were like “Perfect Little Snowflakes,” each was different and unique in conception, but you never knew where they would land once they hit the ground.
• And finally, a mother doesn’t remember when the coldness began to fester inside her and now she’s terrified for her baby as she suffers from “The Plague of Sadness.”
These five thought-provoking stories show why Stewart O’Nan has said Freeman’s writing has “great velocity and impact” and why Publishers Weekly has called his work “highly readable.”
Purchase the Limited Edition Hardcover:
Reviews & Praise:
“Five tales of loss, sadness, and the depths of humanity are brought forth in this latest collection from Brian James Freeman… Five stories, five different realms of life, all colliding to bring us a wonderful collection.”
— Mark Sieber, Horror Drive-In
• Cemetery Dance Publications
Signed Limited Edition Hardcover: $35
Deluxe Traycased Lettered Edition: $175
Publication Date: March 2018