One Candle Against the Night is a novel I’ve been thinking about for a very long time, so the challenge of writing and publishing the story as a serial chapbook series for my supporters on Patreon seemed like the perfect way to make sure this book finally gets written.
Each chapbook is “housed” in a custom-printed envelope with a fine linen finish and my private press logo printed on it in silver metallic ink. To make these chapbooks a little different from others I’ve seen, the “endpapers” (the inside-covers) feature a printed “faux marble” artwork design. Each chapbook is also signed and hand-numbered.
Here are some photos of how “The River Town” chapbook turned out:
Given how hectic this time of year is, I thought I’d better post a reminder that TODAY is your very last day to sign-up over at my Patreon page to qualify for some of the BIG REWARDS that launch in January!
If you sign-up for Level Five on the rewards tier, you get:
1) the free monthly reads from Level One!
2) the signed Limited Edition chapbooks twice per year from Level Two!
3) the signed advance review copies twice per year from Level Three!
4) the signed Limited Edition trade paperback short story collection that will be published exclusively for Patreon Supporters once per year on Level Four — and this collection will never be reprinted in any form!
5) AND, as a supporter on Level Five, you’ll get a copy of every short story collection, novella, and novel I write, along with the anthologies I edit, for as long as you stay an active supporter at this level!
This means eBooks, trade editions, and even signed Limited Edition hardcovers. New books and reprints, they’re all yours if you want them. This applies to all books published after January 1, 2018 and ALL editions of the books except for Lettered Editions since I only get one or two copies of those. (Sorry!)
So if you want the eBook edition of my new book, it’s yours! Oh, you want the signed Limited Edition, too? That’s yours! Oh, there’s a trade paperback? Boom — it’s yours and I’ll sign it if you want!
Q: BUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE COMING OUT IN 2018?
A: Whoa, I didn’t realize this was a Q&A, but great question!
The first book due out in 2018 is the trade hardcover of The Halloween Children, my novel cowritten with Norman Prentiss. Check out the beautiful approval copy of the book in the photo below.
I’m actually probably a little nuts for offering this Reward Level because 2018 is looking to be my most “productive” year in my entire career due to a whole bunch of long-gestating projects finally being published at the same time. On tap for 2018 are:
• The Halloween Children (trade hardcover)
• Dark Screams: Volume 9 (eBook)
• Dark Screams: Volume 10 (eBook)
• Lost and Lonely (signed Limited Edition short story collection)
• The Echo of Memory (novel)
• The Suicide Diary (novel)
• Killer Crimes (signed Limited Edition anthology)
• Halloween Carnival omnibus (signed Limited Edition hardcover anthology)
• Dark Screams omnibus (signed Limited Edition hardcover anthology)
• The Zombie Who Cried Human (children’s book)
• Weak & Wounded (newly revised and expanded trade paperback)
• More Than Midnight (newly revised and expanded trade paperback)
• Dreamlikes States (newly revised and expanded trade paperback)
• Lost & Lonely (newly revised and expanded trade paperback)
So that’s the deal with Level Five!
I hope you’ll give it a shot if you can afford to send that much support my way, but I’ll totally understand if you cannot.
Every single one of you at every level is making it possible for me to spend MORE time writing and publishing my own work in 2018, so you’re all awesome in my book and your support is appreciated more than you’ll ever know.
So please feel free to sign up TODAY for the first time OR, if you’re already a supporter, you can jump to a higher level if you’d like to get even more/better rewards right away.
Also, there is a new LEVEL FIVE in the rewards program that you might be interested in. Here are the details:
LEVEL FIVE: ALL the Above PLUS a copy of every book I publish!
All of the other rewards (free reads, exclusive chapbooks, signed ARCs, an exclusive trade paperback just for supporters) PLUS you can receive a FREE copy of every new book/edition with my name on it that’s published while you’re at Level Five. This includes collections, novellas, and novels I write, along with anthologies I edit. eBooks, trade editions, and even signed Limited Edition hardcovers. New books and reprints, they’re all yours if you want them.
To sign-up or change your current level, just visit my Patreon page:
Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!
To say I’m blown away by the support I’ve received from readers on Patreon is an understatement.
As a token of my appreciation, I’ll be sending each supporter at the $5 or higher reward levels a free signed Advance Review Copy in September.
This wasn’t a “promised” reward, but I wanted to find some small way to say THANK YOU for your support. The ARCs I’m using will represent a mix of new and old projects since I only have so many of each to go around.
For those at the $1 level, I really do appreciate your support as well and I have another “unplanned reward” in the works for this fall that you will receive since it doesn’t require postage and packing materials.
The next story will be ready in about ten days, so please stay tuned. Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!